Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 1 ~ Love is Patient

You may wonder why I named the blog this....well, I'm not sure why I did, but I believe that is what God wanted. I opened my book this morning and the verse in the intro is 1 Corinthians 13:13: "Now these three remain: Faith, Hope, and Love. But the Greatest of these is Love!"


Does God have a sense of humor or what. Of all days for us to start...it's on a Sunday. The day that we, unfortunately, are hurrying to get out of the house. The day that clothes have to be ironed and teeth brushed..ok we do that everyday but for some reason, Sunday's are more stressful. I believe Satan uses these everyday things to raise our stress levels on Sunday. We bicker more...snap at the kids...and get to church in a not so joyful mood. Not every Sunday is like this...but some are. So I believe this day is not a coincidence. It's the day that you are with one another for most of the day...it wouldn't be has hard to not say anything negative on a work day when you are only together for a short time....but a Sunday...it's all day!

SO ladies...can we be patient with our men?? Patience will make us wise...make our homes more peaceful! I loved the line in the book that says "Patience helps you give your spouse permission to be human!"....we all want people to be patient with us, but yet our patience has worn thin with others. Let's be patient today when the Falcons are playing and we would rather him be taking out the trash. When he decides that a nap is necessary, but we still have to take care of everyday things. Say NOTHING negative today....NOTHING. I am seriously sweating while I write this...can it be done???? Yes it can, but not in my own strength. Trust God today to help you be patient with your spouse! I dare ya!!!

1 comment: