Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 14...Love takes Delight....

I am a slacker again.....I totally missed days 12 and 13. Ric's folks were up and I just got too busy. Make sure you go over those days and do your journal. Day 12 was letting the other win....I did that by finally giving in and cutting our boys hair. Something he has been after me to do forever and a day!!! Day 13 was fighting fair and setting boundaries in your disagreements.

Day 14 is that Love takes Delight. I love the opening line about not following your heart. This is something that I have been teaching our teens for years. The bible tells us that our hearts are desperately wicked...so why in the world would we ever choose to do that? He says that we should lead our hearts. You be in charge of your feelings...because it truly is a choice.

It is time to quit getting irritated...quit letting things get in the way...quit getting caught up in everyday life...and just learn to enjoy your spouse again. I know you can remember those feelings you had when you first got married...well they are still there. We just to need to choose to remember all of those great things and feelings and implement into your life now.


I liked this quote from the book "Today's dare may be directing you to a real and radical change of heart. For some, the move toward delight may be only a small step away. For others, it may require a giant leap from ongoing disgust...but if you've delighted before, you can be delighted again.

Today's task is to spend quality time with your spouse. Just be together. Have fun and delight in each other...I dare ya!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooo behind! WAY behind....sad to say, but I need to go back towards the beginning!

    ReplyDelete